Sting Newz Web Desk: Often mistaken to cause stomach ulcer, Chilli pepper is one of the most popular spices infused with health benefits. Chilli peppers are cultivated across countries like India, Philippines, China, Indonesia, Japan, Spain, Mexico and Korea. Capsaicin is one of the major chemical compounds found in chilli peppers that prevents and fights diseases, and promotes good health. Capsaicin also leads to chilli peppers’ pungent and spicy flavour. Here are five major health benefits of chilli peppers:
1. Boosts sex drive: Capsaicin present in chilli peppers is a great ingredient to spice up the sex life. Capsaicin gives chilli peppers the ‘inherent’ hotness, which when consumed release endorphins and promotes sexual desire.
2. Improves Immunity: Red chilli peppers are rich in pro-vitamin A. Mild chilli pepper consumption on a daily basis rewards the body with Vitamin A as well as Vitamin C. It clears nasal passages, intestinal tract, urinary tract, and lungs. The spice fights against invading bacteria, keeps one away from viral infections and boosts immunity.
3. Pain Relief: Capsaicin in chilli peppers is one of the best medicines to treat arthritis pain. Capsaicin is used to treat sore muscles, joint pains, post-herpetic neuropathic pain, and pain caused by osteoarthritis.
4. Renders healthy eyes: One tablespoon of chilli pepper intake supplies Vitamin A to the body and promotes eyesight. It also prevents night blindness and macular degeneration.
5. Reduces blood pressure: Chilli peppers reduce cholesterol level, platelet accumulation and triglyceride level in the body. Adding chilli peppers in meals loosen up blood vessels and lower hypertension, and reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Put a pinch of chilli peppers in food and head for a healthy yet spicy meal.You may watch the following video: You may watch the following video: You may watch the following video: You may watch the following video: